065 A Story From The Heart 5: The Ending... or not?

Recent readers may not know what The Story From The Heart is, because it's buried somewhere in the archives of this blog. Old readers would recognise the title, which would include my parents and some of my closest friends, including one that has been pestering me to finish it, but he later forgot about it. This story ended at Part 4: The Crisis Looms, where, if I'm not mistaken is a cliffhanger... new readers should look up the old entries first before reading this finale, to tell you the truth, I never did meant it to have a happy ending... but you see... this story is no ordinary story... it's a semi-fictional story that runs parallel to my life... and I fear, the ending hasn't come yet in life, so personally I cannot truthfully write an ending to this story, the best I can do now is to soften the cliffhanger by writing this last part of the story to keep myself pacified and to reward those who have been most patient. So here it goes...



They have always said that there was always calm before the storm, and then came this part of life when we were too busy with our own matters, and ignoring the problem that looms ahead, for only one can go on to fulfill his duty as a grown person. There was calm, certainly, everyone forgotten about the this, wishing that this part of life would go on forever, and yet sometimes wanting to end because the uncertainty isn't there anymore. But wait, is it possible that there is no need for the problem to exist in the first place, we did not need to separate after all? Can the three of us coexist peacefully with one another, and not having to leave each other, WE were the summation of each other, but, in actual fact, the whole is more than the sum of its parts, isn't it? Conflicts between us could easily be resolved. While the "WE" being the "I" could be a philosophical burden that might impede life, yet it was enriching to know that the "I" is actually a "WE"...



Footnote: The entire story is simple, yet extremely profound, to the extent that. if taken at face value, the story may seem very trivial. You see, the story is about myself, and the battle of the self of being either a "WE" or an "I", at first, the "WE" was under the idea that, one day the "WE" must become an "I", but which "I"? Later, I thought that it was in fact possible that we could live life as a "WE" instead of fighting to become an "I". It was a battle which I had undertaken myself and this story attempts to mask a train of thought that I have done, and this is why the nature of the story seems to have changed considerably in the ending. This is my idea of how to deal with conflicting sets of principles and personalities, which is the "WE" in the SELF. What say you?

0 Comments: