094 Relate, Relations, Relationships

I know it's a bad idea to start any entry with a dash of etymology, but I must do it...
Relate and its derivatives come from the root word "relatus", Latin for "brought back".

And if you were wondering, the constant use of entry titles with the prefix re- was a pure coincidence, until about 5 minutes ago...

Since today is the day when, for some unknown reason, people who have partners give each other gifts because St. Valentine, who isn't married, by the way, decided to do just that. And someone had to throw in a cherub named Cupid somewhere in between just so that archery will never go out of fashion. If only love was that easy... just like Midsummer's Night Dream, sometimes we fall for asses and it's all the cherub's fault.

I'm a rather good mood, since the materialistic aspect of the day hasn't got to me yet (hey, Cupid, great job there...and no, I'm not being sarcastic), and so I'll share a nice song with you now...



This song is titled, "Journey to The Past", by the late Aaliyah, OST - Anastasia. This song is eclipsed by the other famous Anastasia song, "At the Beginning" by Richard Marx and Donna Lewis (I think). It's a great song, and I like her voice... and the show, which I last watched slightly less than a decade ago, is rather good too.

But of course, I must also wish you a Happy Chinese New Year of the Muridae family (or of the Rodensia order), or if you are not as bored as I am and got a lot of better things to do than to read Wikipedia, it's the year of the Rat, Mouse, Gerbil, Hamster.., and any other creature than run on spinning wheels. This a special greeting from me, enjoy the contraption...



Damn you Youtube, making a perfectly clear video all blurred up... OK, not much time tonight, going somewhere, (to be exact, about 60 km to the North, to a place called Seri Kembangan, where the air is thicker with the KL car exhaust fumes, and the trees are not as healthy, and the roads are not as safe... etc.)

Only two more episodes to the Season 3 Finale of House on AXN, yay, then it's on to Season 4, if I ever get around to downloading them. And if that corn of my left foot works up again, I swear I'm going to get a cane.

0 Comments: