210 Quick Random Notes

  1. The Hairspray Effect - A psychological phenomenon where one finds, plays and/or downloads the songs played in a musical immediately after watching one. May last up to a few weeks, as long as one doesn't watch another musical in that period.
  2. Overheard during tea some time ago - "The thing about NUS is that they teach you a new thing, and you try your best to absorb it. But before that new thing sinks in, they go on to the next new thing..."
  3. UWC2101P Paper 3 deja vu- I find myself somehow returning to the news story that I've wrote on for my paper 1. Coincindence? I think not...the last time I finished a paper on Anwar, he won the Permatang Pauh by-election, wonder what will happen this time...
  4. I find that... I'm better off as person who you go to if need to bounce some ideas off, for some reason I do that a lot better than looking for my own topic for my paper.
  5. $750 extra this semester, that should just clear the deficit...
  6. What am I going to do... with the potted fern during the December holiday, it'll be quite funny to bring a potted plant all the way home, wouldn't it? I should give it a name... oh well...

PS: I named the fern Terri... after the name of the Phylum that ferns belong to, Pteridophyta, and also because that name bears an uncanny resemblance to someone's name in Sets and Sets is the reason why I've got a fern in the first place.

0 Comments: