166 Resolution

"Always account for variable change" - from the movie "21" -

Well, yes, if the University Admissions puzzle could be solved by a mathematical equation, I would have made a gross miscalculation.


All through this month, I filled in the unknowns in the equation from interview results, stories, friends' choices, etc. and all the while, I forgot about an unknown that didn't strike me as being able to be filled in with the range of data that was available to me. That's right, I missed out a key variable in the equation, the ASEAN undergraduate scholarship at NUS. The reason was this, I thought I would only know the results after the 2nd of June. It's now apparent that my assumption was flawed, but it was for an unexpectedly good reason... and that is because...


I got it!!! The letter arrived this morning... I thought it was the USP offer letter, but it turned out to be the offer letter for the AUS (ASEAN undergraduate scholarship), what a surprise!


So, yes, I'm expectedly over the moon with the receipt of this piece of news, and this is an essential variable that swayed my decision irreversibly to NUS. And, after many days of stalling the choice, I finally was able to enter this page, and do, what I always wanted to do...

The universe really has a weird way of making dreams come true... but, so be it. It's been a good year so far, and it's getting better. Now, time to get those forms filled and handed in...

0 Comments: