182 Recommended Reading

As I have previously mentioned, I have been spending quite some time reading horror fiction, and it's time to unveil the 5 best horror stories I have read so far. It's merely my opinion, so if you don't really like them after wasting 15 - 30 minutes in reading each one, my apologies in advance:
  1. The Night Wire by H. F. Arnold
  2. The Horla by Guy de Maupassant (Malaysians: Yes, it was the guy who wrote "The Necklace" )
  3. The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
  4. O Come Little Children by Chet Williamson (the story is under copyright)
  5. The Pedicab by Donald R. Burleson (under copyright)

Other notable reads:

  1. The Ghost and the Bone Setter by Joseph Sheridan le Fanu
  2. Shadows Cast Behind by Otto E. A. Schmidt (under copyright)
  3. The Grey Room by Stefan Grabinski (under copyright)
  4. The Terrible Old Man by H. P. Lovecraft
  5. The Raven (it's a long poem), The Premature Burial and The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe. "The Tell-Tale Heart" is one of sentimental value because I wrote a loose drama adaption of this story for my School Drama Team.

...and this is the greatest local horror story, and will be unrivalled for its brutality for quite some time.

0 Comments: