201 Detour

The number after 199 is not 201, unless it's a sequence of odd numbers, or an arithmetic progression with a common difference of 2. Hence, this is a detour post, while I gather to time and will power to complete the 200th post, and as we are waiting for that, an update after a long absence is certainly due.
.
So, let's get on with it...
.
I found myself away from home, with a dog that was barking at me all day yesterday. This morning, he decided I wasn't that repulsive after all. Its name is Nike, and its now lying on the floor behind, ignoring me. And its not my dawg.
.
But wait, where am I?
.
SS26, a real boring name for a place by any stretch of the imagination, like all the names of places in a city we all fondly call PJ, editing the English on a website that "Thanks you for your patients". Definitely normal, if not an extremely sweet notice for a hospital, but not very appropriate a computer website, since it's reminiscent of exploding laptops, or "farmer in the Dell"
.
I should be in Singapore getting accustomed to my new room in Raffles Hall, or walking along the underpass to Yusof Ishak House, but I'll just leave that for next week, when I start the first day of the next four years. I realised that the double room isn't that small, but then again, as the cliched saying goes, "anything is larger than McNair". I've gotten most of my things ready to go to Singapore, but as life goes, sometimes we take unnecessary long routes just to get to the same point just for the fun of it. But teaching Chemistry and maybe Physics later can be rather fun, too, if you can still remember Form 4/Form 5 stuff... but mostly it's the satisfaction from being condescending, boys, I find, are less sensitive to my ways of teaching, and I daresay, they find it a bit enjoyable. Oh, that's the other reason why I'm in SS@6.
.
PS: A laser printer is RM 490, Ryan! What wrong with this world?

0 Comments: