202 Hostage

I find myself in a less than comfortable position to blog, since now me being near a computer is a slightly rare occurrence. The irony is that I do have free access to the Internet, unlike my cousins, which I found out yesterday, who were subjected to the concealing of the modem adaptor plug. It's the dog, which is usually tied up in strategic areas that either prohibits me from going upstairs and downstairs freely, or using the computer, or both. So, here I am being able to create a small window when the dog is tied up outside, and I can blog in peace. But, it'll get annoyed soon, and create a racket, so this has to be quick. And sorry guys, I can't read your blogs or do much online these days.

...and I can sense its annoyance now, so I'll make it rather quick....

It struck me on the way back from Singapore the other day, that climbing a mountain does change a person. I realised that the thoughts I had while climbing Mount Kinabalu is actually applicable to a wider situation. Among them, was this interesting thought:
.
"The main problem with any mountain, no matter how high it is, is that it has a summit. The climbing, as long as it takes, will eventually come to an end."
.
It's common for people to equate life to climbing mountains. There was that speech during Grad Night on "How To Climb A Mountain", which was adapted from the Paolo Coelho book, "Like The Flowing River". But there are mountains that we didn't intend to have to climb, unwanted detours in a life that we wish that would be as easy to cross a field of dandelions. (I realised that running across a field of dandelions would be great fun, but that idea's probably from some movie).
.
And so, think of troubled days as the days that you have to climb a mountain. There are easy mountains, and there are difficult mountains, but they all have one thing in common. As painful, as tiring and as depressing the climb can be, by taking it one step of the time, one day, the trouble, the pain and everything unpleasant is all over Bad things, like something we must concede about good times, are never permanent. I know that every field of dandelions will have its end, but every mountain, too, has its summit. And once, you get to the summit, rejoice, for you have conquered yourself once more, and all the sweat, blood and tears shed will be compensated by the triumph and satisfaction, but keep on walking and don't rest for too long, for tomorrow there may be another mountain to climb.
.
PS: I know how to make friends with the dog, but I just can't bring myself to do it... it's far too scary

0 Comments: