110 Resuscitate

Can you digress, even before you start a discussion? I wonder... here's an opener that has nothing to do with the content of this post:

.

Which is the odd one out?

A. REGENERATE

B. REGURGITATE

C. REVITALIZE

D. RESUSCITATE

E. REANIMATE

.

Don't give me that look... I know, you know what the odd word means. Unless you know someone who does that, put this question behind you. Even of you do, I don't want to know who that is.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Now for the actual post.

.

.

.

After yesterday's post, I momentarily died in a blogging accident.

What, you don't believe me? Let me remind you, April 1 ended 2 days, 15 hours, 11 minutes and 34 seconds... 35... 36... 37..., why am I even trying to convince these non-believers? Continue being in your state of denial!

Want to know how that happened? Remember that hidden bush behind me yesterday, that I was so concerned about? Well, at the exact moment I typed/shouted "AND GET OUT FROM THAT BUSH!!!", an old lady who was knitting near the bush was startled and, in self defence, stabbed me me her knitting needle. The needle transected my left ventricle, and my heart stopped beating for about half a minute. Luckily, she was quick minded, and connected that knitting needle to my laptop battery, creating effectively a defibrillator, and shocked me back to life.

As incredulous as the incident was, I decided to Google "died in a blogging accident" and "died in a knitting accident", and I found out that I was not alone is this world. 47,100 other people have died in blogging accidents and 9,490 people have died in knitting accidents. However, no one had experienced these two predicaments at the same time, despite using various variations of the search text, which included "died in a blogging & knitting accident", "died in a knitting & blogging accident", "died in a knitting and blogging accident" and "died in a blogging and knitting accident".

Another interesting statistic that I found was that, 47,098 of the blogging casualties and 9,483 of the knitting casualties occured in the last 3 months, as shown by this histogram, which was constructed on 11 January this year.


Well, what can I say, humans have died in almost all ways possible...

1 Comments:

Michelle Tam said...

i say B is the odd one out! am i right am i right?