142 Repast

It really isn't that hard to do C(12,6) or C(11,2) in your head...

I will confess that I'm a real lousy artist, and I can't even draw stick figures properly, but what the heck...

This post will be oddly short, due to the fact that I'm typing in a thin strip of time between dinner and my Weekend Tuition /Chelsea vs. MU on TV/shutting down this computer. How I will accomplish performing the first two actions, which are occuring simulataneously is still beyond my comprehension...

Just a note on the comic... One particular reader may remember a variation of this particular episode, that is, without the snide remark by the other stick-figure person. But, for those who require more context... 220 happens to be the number of combinations of side dishes orders possible at Kenny Roger's. The customer has to choose 3 side dishes out of 12, hence the C(12,3) solution, bet you didn't know that...

Some others will remember the that I created the problem of the probability of all the 4 English teams in the Champions League playing in separate quarter finals... so yes, it's definitely one of my hobbies...

0 Comments: