143 Rebound

This song is an example of how someone can fall in love with something that he once hated. "No Air" by Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown, first hit me when my sister used it as her phone ringtone, but anything that gets to become her ringtone is decidedly irritating because when the phone goes off on an otherwise quiet morning/afternoon/evening it gets on me and my mother's nerve. And the fact that the ringtone is usually edited to start in the middle of the song (using Audacity, which I introduced to her) didn't help much other...

But, accidental over-exposure due to repeated play from radio music, and would you believe it, piped-in music at shopping centres and fast-food joints (McDonalds, to be exact), suddenly got me addicted to the song... talk about songs getting stuck in your heard, now even piped-in music can do that, that's dangerous...

So, this should be my first documented case of getting subconsciously addicted to a song, after initially expressing hatred for it... the mind can be so strange sometimes... usually one gets addicted when he likes the song after listening to it for the first time, not hating it...

Oh, and I'm downloading the second half of Numb3rs Season 3, so I can watch the Premier of Season 4 on AXN, without getting confused, but true to the style CSI-like shows, it doesn't hurt too much to watch random individual episodes. However, they also contain underlying storylines, so, watching the episodes in chronological order helps a lot with the entertainment.

...and I recommend Numb3rs for those who would love to understand how sometimes, simple mathematics underline everyday phenomenon and technology, but, paying attention is absolutely neccessary, along with follow-up research. Not to mention, being able to surprise others with knowledge of practical usage of all that A-levels/STPM Maths, which, if not utilised, will disappear into the depth of the brain. After all, we use math everyday, and it's good to keep some of that knowledge afloat before going to university, especially if you're addicted rather badly to Science subjects.

PS: Yes, real shame that MU lost on a last minute penalty, but that's life... At least now, I've got good reason to watch the remaining 180 minutes of the BPL, and in the process annoy myself greatly... you should really watch me watch football some day, I'm never acting like myself... I missed the match though, because I was rather busy comparing Apples to Moles (see last post), but more on that later...

0 Comments: