120 Relapsed, once again

The more grammatically meticulous may note that "Relapsed, once again" has committed the sin of redundancy, since the re- prefix of Relapse, already implies "once again". But that's what happens when one has an ongoing "re-" obsession.

I'm still trying to find a way to touch up the current MSN Circadian Cycle graph, because a drawing on a whiteboard looks aesthetically unpleasing. Based on monitoring for the last 20-odd hours, the trends are more or less accurate. The basic monitoring is based on my own MSN, but I'm also collecting data from my sister's MSN, to gain a larger sample set, to iron out the idiosyncrasies of my own sample set and her sample set. Lastly, I also want to avoid incurring the Observer Effect, in which my act of data-collection throws off the readings by itself creating trends. The figure is here once again, for easy reference.


But today is Friday, in which the trend curve for the one curve converts to the other in some way. I know that the Friday curve will start as a weekday curve and end as a weekend curve, but the transition period will be worth studying, but Fridays only come once a week, much to the chagrin of most of us. I'm not sure whether ultimately, this will be another mere triviality in the study of Internet trends, having limited practicality, and based on quite a number of assumptions. However, I'm quite convinced that this could be the first of such a study conducted.
On a side note, I know not many of you have seen the Kindergarten Teacher's Addition Problem, and so I'm posting it here once again, with a hint. You don't have to write down every possible number combination that adds up to 10, there is an easier method...

Let's say you are a kindergarten Mathematics teacher, and all along you've been faced with math problems that never does exceed two digits. Life is easy, OK fine, little kids can be quite a handful, but mentally, it's barely challenging.

But, one day, the Principal, noting that you have an A-levels, STPM, or some other equivalent certificate for Maths, asks you to solve a problem for him. He plans to place posters around the kindergarten that contain all the possible ways to add up two or more integers (i.e 1 to 9) to make a sum of 10, e.g (1 + 9),(2 + 3 + 5), (1+2+3+1+1+2) etc. He also adds that the arrangement of integers matters, and hence (1+9) and (9+1) are considered two different sets of integers.

So, your question is: How many posters should the Principal order to accommodate all the sums, given that at most 50 sums can be fitted into one poster?

One final side note, I'm still waiting for the delivery of this: The Photographed Periodic Table, it's the most beautiful Periodic Table of Elements I've seen in my life. It's supposed to be my A-Level Present, I think, and it's scheduled to arrive 10 days after April 3, i.e. next Monday. Isn't that nice?


0 Comments: